Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Visit to the Zoo!

We went to the Zoo today, all of us but one. He had to work. There were 6 kids, 5 boys, 2 girls. Ages; 16, 15, 14, 13, almost 12, in three days, and a 9 year old.

The weather was beautiful. The animals were fascinating and the company was fun! We saw ducks, peacocks, Guinea Hens, Mountain Lions, Tigers, a Leopard, Elephants, Giraffes, Raptors, monkeys, bigger primates, the black and the orange kind. Snakes, owls, bats; love the bats, especially the fuzzy fruit eating kind! Rodents of all kinds. Loads of children, ostriches, wild boars, more rodents, rhinos, parrots, and all sorts of other strange things, I won't say, 'cause I read, you should never blog what you wouldn't publicly say. I considered for a moment to take a picture, but it could have either broken my camera, or I would have been considered cruel. I did get a laugh out of it though.

My favorite part of the day: Brendan was holding a red lunch sack, we were with the Giraffes, and one bent her head down to sniff and lick the bag, and the kids who could, reached to touch a giraffe. Poor Faith, this is her favorite animal, she didn't get a chance to touch or feel the Giraffe, it lifted it's head too soon.

The kids were great, I loved their comments. On the way home they argued, as to whether the tiger we saw was an Amur Tiger, which the sign said, or what may have been a Siberian Tiger, which is what I thought I read. Brendan tried to convince me that Tigers once lived in Africa, which I highly doubt, only because, Africa has plenty of Big and smaller cats. Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, Servals, and maybe some smaller ones.



Apropo, do you know the difference between a big and a small cat? It's the pupils, on big cats they are round, like ours, on the smaller ones, they look like cat eye marbles, hence the name!

No comments:

Post a Comment